It can often be hard to believe in yourself, especially if you feel like you have nothing to offer or are unworthy of things. But you are worthy and you are capable. If you're having trouble seeing all the amazing things about you, then read the article below to start building confidence in yourself and get ready to show the world how great you really are!
· Recognize your skills. Recognize the skills that you have and the good things about yourself. There are lots! You may not always recognize them but they are there. One way is to look for the things that you don't struggle with or to look for the things that people compliment you on (even if you aren't very good about accepting the compliment). When you look at the things you do well, you'll feel more comfortable doing other things too.
· Meet goals. Set goals for yourself and meet those goals. Actually go out and do things. Just thinking about what you want to do will only make you feel worse about yourself for not even starting them. Once you do make a goal, work hard to achieve that goal. Keep in mind, however, that these should be reasonable goals. Even if you make small incremental steps toward your ultimate goal, you should acknowledge each level of accomplishment. Achieving a goal, however small, will build self-esteem.This creates feelings of empowerment.
· Learn from failure. Instead of viewing your failures as failures, view them as learning opportunities. You did something wrong so that you know for sure it's wrong and now you'll have an easier time knowing what's right. Everything that goes wrong in your life is an opportunity to learn and move forward towards a better place, so embrace it.
· Try, even when you feel like you can't or shouldn't. Sometimes we feel like we shouldn't do something new because we might do it wrong. This is a bad mindset. Instead, give yourself permission to try something, even if you might get it wrong. If you never try new things, you'll never be able to make progress. Stop fearing the unknown and start challenging yourself to learn more.
· Talk to people who love you. If you're really having trouble seeing all the wonderful things about yourself, you can always talk to someone who loves you. Tell them that you're having a hard time and they will find a way to bring you a better outlook. Sometimes we have difficulty seeing the best things about ourselves, but the people that really love us will never struggle to see those things.
· Take breaks when you need them. If a situation or a task is just too overwhelming, feel free to take a quick break to catch your breath and remind yourself that you can do this. Even if the break is just inside your head, it's okay to stop and acknowledge that you need a minute to build back your determination.
· Do something you believe in. Another thing you can do to help yourself is to do something that you believe in. Do something that you know is incredibly important and that you know needs to be done. Whether it is for yourself or to help others, being forthright in your actions helps build self-confidence and drives your sense of purpose. Once you start putting your energy into things you are passionate about, your beliefs will align with your actions and you will feel more and more confident each day.
Expand your knowledge and enlighten your mind with the tools you need to excel in your life! Work with a Business and Life Management Coach with over 20 years’ experience empowering people to attain self-defined success in their professional and personal lives. Book a free session at www.denisedema.com today!